Aug 12, 2020 | Kendall Zajac | 1622 views
We Have Some News.....
We know that many of our LAMHA families are eager to return to the ice, and we look forward to see you there soon!
We are currently reviewing the details of the OHF framework and working with OMHA, Norfolk County and the Haldimand Norfolk Health Unit to answer some questions before completing details of our LAMHA Return To Hockey Program. As we know any are excited to learn what hockey may look like to start
- Focus will be on player development
- Game play will include 3-on-3 or 4-on-4 hockey with new game rules to ensure safety
- Teams will be smaller 9 skaters and 1 goalie, 2 bench staff
- No affiliation or integration between leagues
- Players may only participate in one age group ( team cohort) with in the OHF/OMHA
- The boundaries of our public health unit/counie will be a guideline for competition between teams
At the direct of OHF, there will be different stages as we progress through this hockey season, we will be starting off in 3B. We will be asking our members to please be patient as we work through these unfamiliar grounds, this is all new to us too. Like anything else that is happening right now this season will be changing as we go hopefully in the easing of restrictions and a return to more normal game play, but we all have to work together to ensure the safety of our members and community.
Please stay tuned for more information on the registration and fees, which is still being worked out as we finalize our return to hockey program.